A South American proverb claims “Good broth will resurrect the dead.”
While that’s clearly an exaggeration, chicken soup well deserves its reputation as “Jewish penicillin,” and bone broths from meat, fish and fowl are served to convalescents all over the world.
For Nourishing Broth: An Old Fashioned Remedy for the Modern World, Sally Fallon Morell, the bestselling author of Nourishing Traditions, provides delicious broth, soup, stew and gravy recipes from all over the world as well as broth-making techniques helpful tips, inspiring stories and surprising testimonials.
Dr. Kaayla T. Daniel, PhD. explores the science of broth and clearly explains why it not only supports recovery from colds, flu and other acute illness, but can prevent and even reverse chronic illnesses such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and other auto-immune disorders, digestive distress, mental illness, and cancer. Furthermore, her research suggests an essential role for broth in state-of-the-art athletic programs and anti aging therapies.
PRAISE FOR NOURISHING BROTH
- “I can’t recommend Nourishing Broth highly enough. Sally Fallon Morell has given us the cookbook that heals and Dr. Kaayla Daniel has provided the science that supports it. If you’ve been eating real foods but have not yet reached your health and fitness goals, bone broth might be the crucial “missing piece.” — JJ Virgin, NY Times bestselling author of The Virgin Diet and The Virgin Diet Cookbook
- “Sally Fallon Morell and Dr. Kaayla Daniel’s wonderful new book, Nourishing Broth is highly recommended.” — Dr. Joseph Mercola, founder www.mercola.com, the world’s leading natural health and dietary website
- “I have a book shelf with only my favorite, most well-researched, yet wonderfully practical books on nutrition. Nourishing Broth landed a spot on that shelf. The best word to describe this book is simply, AWESOME!” — Donna Gates, bestselling author and creator of The Body Ecology Diet
In The Whole Soy Story Dr. Daniel tells the truth about soy that scientists know, that you need to know, and that the soy industry has tried to suppress.
- Soy is NOT a health food
- Soy is NOT the answer to world hunger
- Soy is NOT a panacea.
- Soy has NOT even been proven safe.
Hundreds of epidemiological, clinical and laboratory studies link soy to malnutrition, digestive problems, thyroid dysfunction, cognitive decline, ADD/ADHD, reproductive disorders,, even heart disease and cancer.
Most at risk are babies given soy formula, vegetarians who eat soy as their main source of protein and adults self medicating with soy foods and supplements. Dozens of respected scientists have issued warnings stating that the possible benefits of eating soy should be weighed against proven risks.
Dr. Kaayla Daniel has the facts you need to determine which studies are valid, which justify hope, which are mere hype – and why.
PRAISE FOR THE WHOLE SOY STORY
- “Anyone in America who is interested in safe, healthy nutrition must come to terms with Dr. Kaayla T. Daniel’s The Whole Soy Story. This book is a gauntlet thrown at the feet of the soy industry, whose reputation often seems based as much on self-promotion as science. Well- written, authoritative and accessible to the lay person, this is science writing at its best.” — Larry Dossey, MD, NY Times bestselling author of Healing Beyond the Body, Healing Words, and The Power of Premonition.
- “Kaayla Daniel blows the lid off nutritional dogma. Soy is NOT a miracle food.” — Dr. Joseph Mercola, OD, founder of the world’s leading natural health and dietary website www. mercola.com
- “This is the most important nutritional book of the decade. Every concerned American should read this brilliant and entertaining expose.” — William Campbell Douglass II, MD, Editor of Real Health Breakthroughs
- “The Whole Soy Story is a devastating and authoritative indictment of the safety of soy foods and a ‘must read’ for consumers who are under the misconception that soy foods promote health. Convincingly argued and extensively supported by the medical and scientific literature, it exposes the misleading propaganda used by the soy industry to promote the supposed benefits of this inferior food.” — Kilmer S. McCully, MD, Father of the Homocysteine Theory of Heart Disease, Author of The Homocysteine Revolution and The Heart Revolution
- “The nutritional literature is littered with books extolling the virtues of soy and soy products. Unfortunately, most are based on hype, poor research and manipulated science. This book explores the history of soy, defines the various types of historical soy products and then proceeds to explore the science of soy and soy products in great detail. I have found it to be a tremendous encyclopedia of knowledge concerning the subject. Having studied soy products for some years, Dr. Daniel taught me a considerable amount about soy. The sections on soy and cancer are especially valuable, since so many women have been convinced that soy products prevent breast cancers, when in fact, there is compelling evidence the opposite is true. I strongly recommend this book for all those interested in the truth about soy and soy products.” — Russell L. Blaylock, MD, neurosurgeon and author of Excitotoxins: The Taste that Kills
- “Our bodies are simply not designed or adapted to safely use and metabolize more than very small quantities of any food, including soy, which is not part of the original diet. In The Whole Soy Story, Kaayla Daniel ably explains the science showing that for the best long-term health, we should consume soy and soy products sparingly, if at all.” — Jonathan Wright, MD, Medical Director, The Tahoma Clinic, Renton, WA, and coauthor with Suzanne Somers of Stay Young & Sexy with Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement: The Science Explained
- “Kaayla Daniel will ‘knock your socks off ’ with what she knows.” — Caroline Sutherland, intuitive and bestselling author of The Body Knows